Please find answers to any questions you may have below. To download our latest NCPMobile App*, click on your preferred device button.
Does it cost anything to join?
No. Panel membership is completely free and completely voluntary. You do not have to pay us anything, and if you are chosen to join the panel, you can cancel at any time.
In addition, NCP will never attempt to sell you merchandise or services.
What happens after I sign up?
Once you complete the signup process, we will review your information. If there is an opening on the panel for a household that matches your demographic profile, we will contact you to let you know you’ve been selected.
What do I use to scan in the barcodes on my purchases?
You will receive access to our panel-exclusive app, NCPMobile, available for select iOS and Android devices.
How long does it take to get selected to participate on the panel?
It depends on how many openings we have for a household with your demographic profile. We have to maintain specific levels on our panel so you could get selected right away, or you could be on our waiting list for a few months. The majority of households that sign up are selected within a month.
What does an NCP Panel Member do?
NCP Panel Members participate in several ways:
• By sharing their shopping trip information: Using NCPMobile, NCP Panel members enter details about the items they purchase. This may include store name, price details, whether coupons or club cards were used, and/or how the purchase was paid for and more.
• By participating in surveys: Panel members will be invited to take part in surveys on a variety of topics. In any given week you might be asked about snack habits, household cleaners, pain relief products, etc. In most cases, survey participation earns panel members additional rewards.
• By taking part in special studies: from time to time, NCP conducts special studies you may be invited to. These could include short or long term “diaries” where you enter details about your daily or weekly consumption of a particular food or drink, or receiving a product to test. Participation in our special studies earns our panel members even more rewards.
Why does NCP ask for so much information about my shopping trip(s)?
NCP collects a much higher level of purchase information so that manufacturers and retailers can make more accurate marketing and production decisions.
The extra details you provide us about your shopping – from prices to coupons to store cards – ensures we have the most accurate representation of YOU as a consumer.
Ultimately, this gives you the POWER to influence your future shopping experiences as well as other consumers across the country!
I tried to sign up, but it said you are not recruiting in my area. Why is that?
NCP needs to maintain specific demographic and geographic levels on our panel. It is possible that we already met our quota for your area. You never know when a spot might open up, so keep coming back to check if we resumed recruiting in your area.
How is NCP different than other market research companies?
NCP is more than just a survey company. While NCP does conduct many important surveys, our primary focus is on collecting information about our panel members’ purchases. By having them scan the barcodes of the purchases they make, we can accurately track for what, where, and when consumers are shopping, as well as how much they are spending. This kind of information is extremely valuable to manufacturers and retailers who are making decisions about what type of brands and products to sell to consumers.
Do you share my personal information with clients?
I just signed up for National Consumer Panel, but right now I am pretty limited in what I can do. What should I do to get started?
Your first task will be to complete the “Tell Us About You” survey so that we can learn more about your household. To do this tap the button “Get Started” on the home screen and provide the requested information. After completing the survey you will be able to start reporting your shopping trips and earning reward points.
Do I get paid for participating?
While you do not receive monetary payment for participating on the panel, you do earn amazing rewards!
What type of incentives/rewards do NCP Panel Members receive for participating?
For their weekly participation, panel members earn reward points which can be used to redeem for gift cards directly through NCPMobile’s reward section. Panel members can also redeem reward points towards merchandise in our exclusive gift catalog (accessible through our panel member website). Participation also earns panel members automatic entries into most of our sweepstakes for cash prizes and pre-paid gift cards.
What gift cards do you currently offer?
NCP offers digital gift cards, including:
• Visa eRewards
…and many more!
(gift card selection is subject to change without notice)
Similar to other programs in the marketplace, NCP’s current policy is to limit the redemption of points for gift cards to one of each denomination of the gift cards every 30 days.
I can play games too?
Yes! Our exclusive in-app games let you earn additional reward points for reporting multiple shopping trips in the same week!
What should I scan?
• Scan all your household purchases each week, in-store and online purchases , both food and non-food items.
• Remember: UPC barcodes provide us with complete details about the products you buy, such as the manufacturer, type of product, flavor, and size, which cannot be captured by scanning a receipt.
• Your big shopping trips (for weekly groceries for example) are just as important as your quick, smaller trips (like a gas purchase or coffee on-the-go).
• Make sure to only scan purchases for your household’s use, not for businesses or organizations you belong to.
• In order for our research to be complete, we need to know what everyone in your household is purchasing.
Can we install the NCPMobile App on the devices of other household members, too?
Sure, you can download the NCPMobile App on any appropriate mobile device in your household. Once the app is installed, just use your existing ID and password to log in. Please remember that the account will remain under the primary member’s name, and that only one transmission per week will count toward earning points.
What are the benefits of taking surveys?
While scanning your purchases tells us what you bought, participating in surveys provides us with valuable insight into what you think about the products and retailers you chose. Plus it’s another great way to earn reward points.
How will I know if I have a new survey to take?
Tap the hamburger menu (three lines) in the left hand corner and look for “Take Surveys”; if you see a badge with a number in the corner, it means there are surveys ready for you to take. Please take any surveys right away, because the sooner you respond to them, the sooner you will be rewarded!
Ready to Become a Panel Member?
or visit join.ncponline.com
Existing panelists*: are you interested in switching to NCPMobile? Contact us at